8.29.2012

All-American

 
Jacket:       JCrew     
Tank:         Frenchi    
Jeans:        Joe's Jeans  
Shoes:       KORS Michael Kors
Watch:      Michael Kors
Bracelets: David Yurman, Unknown brand (but, similar here

I spent the past week gallivanting around New York City with my friend Jen from Tales of the Traveling Teacher.  While I was there, we took a trip to the outlets, where I bought this JCrew schoolboy blazer.  I have been lusting over this jacket for almost a year now, but never wanted to spend the $200 bucks.  So, as you can imagine I was beyond excited when I saw this jacket on sale at the outlets for only $129!  They had it in red, grey, purple, tan, navy, and checkered.  I wanted every color, but finally decided on the red.  To me, this jacket just screams all-American… and I love it!

While I’m on the topic of all-American, I want to mention that, while I was in NYC, I got the chance to visit the 9/11 Memorial.  As a New Yorker, I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday, but nothing could have prepared me for what an emotional experience visiting the memorial would be.  I took a lot of pictures, but decided not to post them because I don’t think they quite capture the grandeur of the memorial.  If you are ever in the NYC area, I definitely suggest you take time to visit the memorial.  It is a truly eye-opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment